1. Long-term freshness
Fabrics made using bamboo offer excellent ventilation thanks to the microscopic holes in bamboo fibres. This is why bamboo keeps you feeling fresh and dry significantly longer. Bamboo also has a structure that repels moisture, meaning it wicks away moisture quickly.
2. Wonderfully soft and luxurious
Another great advantage is the unparalleled softness of bamboo textiles and the excellent comfort offered. The smooth and round structure of the bamboo fibre is the secret behind this fantastic property, as is its absorbency. This structure has no sharp or rough elements that irritate the skin and therefore feels wonderfully soft against the skin. Underwear should be comfortable, and Bamigo aims to meet your every need with bamboo.
3. Excellent Heat Regulation
Bamboo fabrics also have several insulating properties that influence heat exchange. In warm weather, bamboo fabrics feel fresh while also providing added protection against the chill of a cold day.
Bamboo is hypoallergenic, which means that it does not trigger any allergic reactions. This unique property of bamboo is particularly welcome for those who have sensitive skin or suffer from allergies.
5. Protection Against UV Radiation
Bamboo provides natural UV protection and can filter up to 97.5% of harmful UV rays. This makes it the ideal fabric to have next to your skin on hot days with prolonged exposure to sunlight.
6. Crease-resistant without ironing
Bamboo clothing does not require ironing. Thanks to the properties of bamboo fibres, the fabric is almost impossible to wrinkle and holds its shape exceptionally well, even after frequent washing.
Bamboo clothing absorbs up to 70% more moisture than cotton without retaining unpleasant odours. The thermal regulating effect of bamboo fibres helps you stay sweat-free and feeling fresh.
Bamboo has a positive impact on global environmental concerns such as water scarcity, deforestation, soil erosion and the greenhouse effect. Bamboo is a by far more sustainable textile than cotton available to help create a better world.
Some facts about the sustainability of bamboo are:
- It is grown without pesticides or chemical fertilisers
- It requires no irrigation
- It rarely needs replanting
- It grows rapidly and can be harvested in 3-5 years
- It produces 35% more oxygen that an equivalent stand of trees
- It sequesters carbon dioxide and is carbon neutral
- It is a critical element in the balance of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere
- It is an excellent soil erosion inhibitor
- It grows in a wide range of environments
- It’s production into fibres has lower environmental impact than other forms of fibre, especially completely synthetic ones.